Published July 2005
Explore the writings of the New Testament using the story of Jesus as the starting point. This survey of the testament looks at how the early church took ownership of and was shaped by the story of Jesus and how the church learned how to develop as disciples and create communities of faith.
Participants find a deeper conversation with the writers of the New Testament and a renewal of our commitment to be shaped — personally and communally — by the story of Jesus. The study is accessible for adults with little prior Bible experience.
In the weekly video segments, listen as scholars fascinate you with facts and information that opens new understanding and enlightenment for your group. In the second video, sit in on a table conversation between guest scholars and debate key issues in the text.
Participants gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of the New Testament as an integral part of the Christian Bible and a renewed discovery of our identity in God and God's vision for all things.
This eight-week study includes a participant book outlining daily reading assignments for group preparations, a leader guide suggesting discussion activities for use in the 60–90-minute weekly meeting, and a video component providing interpretation and context for the biblical texts.Sessions:
- Jesus Calls Us Into God's Redemption Story
- Jesus Calls Us to a Transformed Life
- Jesus Calls Us to Minister to a Hostile World
- Jesus Calls Us to Complex Communities of Faith
- Jesus Calls Us to Serve One Another
- Jesus Calls Us to a New Relationship With Tradition
- Jesus Calls Us to Live in Light of His Coming Again
- Jesus Calls Us to Experience the Gifts of His Dying and Rising