Published August 2006
The Book of Revelation contains passages of great beauty and comfort, as well as passages that strike the casual reader as bizarre, bewildering, and sometimes frightening. How are readers today to discern God’s message in this peculiar part of the Bible? Breaking the Code provides a trustworthy guide to the rich symbolism of this important biblical book.
Noted biblical scholar Bruce M. Metzger presents the fruits of solid scholarship in a non-academic style. Breaking the Code serves as a key for understanding this powerful and puzzling book from the first century of the Christian Era.
- Introducing the Book of Revelation/John's Vision of the Heavenly Christ (Revelation 1:1-20)
- Letters to Churches/More Letters to Churches (Revelation 2:1- 3:22)
- John's Vision of God and the Lamb (Revelation 4:1-5:14)
- Opening the Seven Seals of God's Scroll (Revelation 6:1-8:2)
- Sounding the Seven Trumpets (Revelation 8:3-11:19)
- The Satanic Trinity: The Dragon and the Two Beasts (Revelation 12:1-14:20)
- The Seven Bowls of God's Wrath (Revelation 15:1-18:24)
- The Final Victory and the Last Judgment/John's Vision of the Heavenly Jerusalem (Revelation 19:1-22:21)