Published May 2006
The Leader Guide provides process guidance for weekly group sessions. The Leader Guide understands the role of leader as facilitator of small-group sessions. Procedures for guiding sessions include: directions for using related video segments, and questions for discussion.
This study takes groups into the rich tapestry of Genesis exploring the interaction between God and very human people - pride, family relationships, conflict and journey all showcase the best known stories of Creation, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Rebekah and Joseph.
The video reflects the drama of the Genesis stories, first with selected text dramatized by an actor, and then study writer, Peter Enns interviews a scholar to help unpack the meaning and the mystery in the stories.
Participants for this Invitation to Genesis do not have to have an in-depth knowledge of the Bible to enjoy and benefit from participation. Reading just two chapters of Genesis a week, they will discover the life altering stories that will invite them to follow Christ as true disciples.
This eleven-week study includes a participant book outlining daily reading assignments for group preparations, a leader guide suggesting discussion activities for use in the 60–90-minute weekly meeting, and a video component providing interpretation and context for the biblical texts.Sessions:
- The Beginning...and What Went Wrong
- Another Beginning: The Flood...and What Went Wrong
- Another Beginning: Abraham and the Patriarchs
- Abraham and a Glimpse to the Future
- The Promise Fulfilled: Isaac
- Another Beginning: Jacob and the Uneasy Birth of a People
- Jacob: The Struggle Continues
- Another New Beginning: Joseph and the Family of Israel
- The Trek Into Egypt
- An End and Another Beginning: Israel's Story