Stories of Women Whose Faith in God Made a Difference
In this follow-up to his book The Thirteen Apostles, popular author J. Ellsworth Kalas focuses on several women of great faith who were crucial, in ways both obvious and understated, to the story of the New Testament. Kalas looks into the life and times of eleven different women. With his signature style, Kalas examines the Scriptures to see what we can learn about these women and what we can learn from them, and how each woman fit into as well as shaped the New Testament story.
- “Elizabeth: A Friend in Need”
- “Anna: She Knew How to Wait”
- “Martha, the Disciplined”
- “Mary, the Extravagant”
- “The Mighty Widow”
- “The Anonymous Evangelist”
- “Mary Magdalene: When Love Is Greater than Faith”
- “Mary, the Mother of Mark”
- “Dorcas: Worth a Miracle”
- “Lydia, the Businesswoman
- “Mary in Life and Legend”
- “Why Mary?”
This book also includes a discussion guide.