Published October 2014
What science and the Bible say about same-sex love.
Some church leaders assert that same-sex practices are incompatible with Christian teaching. The issues threaten to divide our churches and our nation. Michael B. Regele explores current scientific findings in biological brain research, psychology, and sociology, which he compares with scriptural teaching from the Bible, to show that a faithful reading of the Scriptures is consistent with Christian teaching that affirms same-sex love leading to same-sex marriage and full participation of LGBT people in church leadership. Regele offers compelling research and well-supported answers to common-place questions such as:
- Is sexual orientation a choice that individuals make?
- Is same sex attraction sinful in itself?
- Is it true that lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender (LGBT) people are more promiscuous than heterosexual people?
- Is it true that same-sex relationships do not last as long as hetero-sex relationships?
- Is abstinence for life the only choice for a Christian LGBT person? Or can they enter into intimate and sexual relationships and still be active participants in a Christian community?
- Is same-gender marriage acceptable from a Christian standpoint?