Your church will love celebrating Abingdon Press' new VBS...Champions in Life: Ready, Set Go with God! Participants will find joy in knowing that Jesus makes each one a winner and that we are competing in life in order to reach the goal of the high calling of Jesus Christ.
With Champions in Life!, participants will:
- Activate and exercise faith and fun!
- Be encouraged to set godly goals!
- Be inspired to reach for the prize!
- Believe that Jesus makes them champions!
Theme Verse: "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31)
The Champions in Life! Starter Kit contains:
- Worship DVD, including an introduction video, music videos, and movement instructionals and demonstrations
- Leader Books: Director's Manual; Preschool/Kindergarten, Younger & Older Elementary Bible Story Leaders; Arts & Crafts, Music & Movement, Heritage/Drama Leader, Recipe Guide, and Outreach/Follow-up Leader
- Student Book Samples: Preschool/Kindergarten (ages 3-5), Younger Elementary (Grades 1-3), Older Elementary (Grades 4-6), and Teen
- Reproducible Parent Empowerment Pages
- Music CD
- Sunday School Guide
- Church Kids Comic Book, Vol. 2
- Tennis Racket Craft
- Activity Sticker Sheet
- Promo Poster
- Invitation Postcard
- Leader Certificate
- Student Certificate
- Iron-On Transfer
- Nametag holder
Session 1: Get in the Race (2 Samuel 18:19-32) Zadok's son chooses to get in the race.
Session 2: Be Skillful, Be Caring! (1 Samuel 20:18-23, 35-41) Jonathan protects his friend, David.
Session 3: Keep Your Eyes on Jesus! (Matthew 14:22-33) Peter tries to meet Jesus as he walks on water.
Session 4: A Long Wait! (John 5:2017) Jesus commands a man who sat by a pool for 38 years to get up and walk.
Session 5: Reach for the Goal! (Philippians 3:12-16) The goal is the high calling of Jesus Christ.
Abingdon Press VBS is an intergenerational VBS that utilizes African American culture, history, music, and art to teach Biblical truths.