Published September 2018
One of Abingdon's most beloved Bible studies has been updated!
Study the entire books of Hebrews; James; First and Second Peter; First, Second, and Third John; and Jude, including the uniqueness of God's final revelation for the salvation of the people, essential instruction in the faith, strengthening faith in the midst of the difficulties of life, faith and works, fellowship with God and with other believers, encouragement to be ruled by love, and the spiritual health of the church. Some of the major ideas explored are: developing a personal relationship with Christ; running the race of life; your Christian experience; your influence in the life of your church; Jesus as a historical person; the second coming of Christ; and Christian hospitality.
More than 3.5 million copies of the series have been sold.
This revision of the Abingdon classic Genesis to Revelation Series is a comprehensive, verse-by-verse, book-by-book study of the Bible based on the NIV. These studies help readers strengthen their understanding and appreciation of the Bible by enabling them to engage the Scripture on three levels:
- What does the Bible say? Questions to consider while reading the passage for each session.
- What does the passage mean? Unpacks key verses in the selected passage.
- How does the Scripture relate to my life? Provides three major ideas that have meaning for our lives today.
The meaning of the selected passages are made clear by considering such aspects as ancient customs, locations of places, and the meanings of words. The simple format makes the study easy to use.Updates will include:
- New cover designs.
- New interior designs.
- Leader Guide per matching Participant Book (rather than multiple volumes in one book).
- Updated to 2011 revision of the New International Version Translation (NIV).
- Updated references to New Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible.
- Include biblical chapters on the contents page beside session lesson titles for at-a-glance overview of biblical structure.
The simple format makes the study easy to use. Each volume is 13 sessions and has a separate leader guide.